Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei which means “Higher Wisdom or Power” and Ki which is “life force energy”. So Reiki is actually “spiritually guided life force energy.” A session feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing.
Reiki is a great tool for stress reduction and relaxation. Many people use Reiki for wellness. Reiki is not a cure for a disease or illness, but it may assist the body in creating an environment to facilitate healing. Reiki is a great tool to use as a complementary energy medicine.
Reiki, which is used all over the world in places including hospitals and hospices, aids in healing by helping people become energetically balanced physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
What are the benefits of receiving Reiki?
According to the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, people use Reiki for relaxation, stress reduction and symptom relief, in efforts to improve overall health and well-being. A Reiki session may do the following:
- Bring about a peaceful, deep state of relaxation
- Dissolve energy blockages and tension
- Detoxify the body
- Support the well-being of a person receiving traditional medical treatment that are debilitating (e.g., chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, kidney dialysis)
- Supply universal life force energy to the body
- Stimulate the body’s immune system
- Help to relieve pain
- Stimulate tissue and bone healing after injury or surgery
- Increase the vibrational frequency on physical, mental emotional and spiritual levels